Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 05:27:00AM -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Also, this idea that having a large vehicle is all related to ego is pure bull. I know of lots of people who drive small cars that drive them for ego purposes.... There are a lot of small cars around that guys have hot-rodded, i.e. added turbo's, exhaust systems, performance chips, suspension kits, etc.... That's ego driven in young guys and they are small cars, Honda's, Mazda's, Toyota's, etc....
I wonder:

 Fedora/RedHat/Suse user -> drives Hummer, big SUV, Lincoln towncar-type
 Debian/Ubuntu user -> drives mid-sized or compact SUV or car
 Gentoo/LFS user -> drives riced Japanese import

I think we might be on to something :-)

Regards,

-Roberto

LOL. I'm a Debian convert and I drive a small car, but for economic reasons only. I can't afford the gas for an SUV or pickup until I find myself a door into the IT world so I can work again. I'm a pretty large guy so getting into a small car is a major hassle and then I'm pretty cramped up. I'd also prefer to have a vehicle that has more room for people + their luggage as when we go somewhere for 2 or 3 days my wife packs as if she is going to be gone for a month and our little Honda is so full there isn't any room left for us or to see out the rear window. And that's after she stuffs the trunk so full you have slam the trunk lid to get it to close....