Re: OT

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 06:30:33 +0000
Andy Smith <andy@lug.org.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> > I just want to point out that some of the OT'ers are among the
> > most knowledgable and prolifically helpful of the posters on this
> > list (I obviously have no basis for judgement about lurkers), e.g
> > Roberto (my bias: he's apparently religious and anti-abortion, so
> > I have a natural sympathy with him :)), and we should take that
> > into account when criticizing them.
>
> No we should not.  What we should expect is that they have enough
> respect for everyone else to keep their postings here relevant to
> use of Debian, and save the rest for their MySpace.

Those who contribute massive amounts of helpful information might be
excused for also vigorously OT'ing; I certainly don't think they should
be so sharply criticized by others who rarely contribute [I don't mean
you]. Someone like Joey [a DD who reads and posts to the list]
obviously has much stronger grounds for irritation.

Celejar

--
ssuds.sourceforge.net - Home of Ssuds and Ssudg, a Simple Sudoku Solver
and Generator