Ethernet card Marvell

Hello,

I have a Marvell Ethernet card (on motherboard) model 88E8053.
It is not recognized by Etch (however the CD I tried to install from
is rather old +- 1 year).
(note: under Fedora 6 it is recognized and works fine with driver sky2)

What is the current situation / support about Marvell 88E8053 under
Etch ?
As my Etch CD is rather old do I need to burn a new one ?
If so where can I check which hardware is supported in .iso Etch to avoid
unecessary download ?
Do I need to make some 'home-computing' like download driver and/or
source (via a supported Ethernet card) card  to build my own module..etc.. ?

Thanks for any clue and information.

Bye,
Bruno
--