Re: Ethernet card Marvell

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:09:30 +0100
Bruno Costacurta <pubmb01@skynet.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Marvell Ethernet card (on motherboard) model 88E8053.
> It is not recognized by Etch (however the CD I tried to install from
> is rather old +- 1 year).
> (note: under Fedora 6 it is recognized and works fine with driver
> sky2)
>
> What is the current situation / support about Marvell 88E8053 under
> Etch ?
> As my Etch CD is rather old do I need to burn a new one ?
> If so where can I check which hardware is supported in .iso Etch to
> avoid unecessary download ?
> Do I need to make some 'home-computing' like download driver and/or
> source (via a supported Ethernet card) card  to build my own
> module..etc.. ?
>
> Thanks for any clue and information.
>
> Bye,
> Bruno

since it is a kernel module, if it is present in  a kernel version in
one distro it is present in another, i.e. , Debian. You may have to
manually insert the correct module if the install system fails to pick
it up. 'modprobe <module name>' at a second vt.

Use a daily-build net-install disk to get an uptodate install disk.

--
Greg Madden