Re: Where can I get driver for e1000?

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 08:46:25AM +0100, Jon Ingason wrote:
> I am installing Etch on Supermicro PDSME+. The motherboard has two
> Gigabit interface (Intel 82573V and 82573L). As I understand e1000
> driver is appropriate driver for this interface but when I install
> Debian the installer does not find this driver. If I put in extra 10/100
> Mbit, card the installer find its driver. So when I look in
> /lib/moudules/2.6.x-x-xxx/kernel/drivers/net/e1000 there is e1000.ko.
>

> What am I doing wrong?

I don't know. heh.

have you completed the installation using the other card? IOW, are you
still trying to get the install done or have we moved on to trying to
get the card to work inyour already installed system?

probably the easiest initial thing is to modprobe the module and see
what happens. Also how about dmesg | grep -i e1000 ?