Re: OT

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 07:35:08PM -0600, John C wrote:

> Their mindset appears to be something like...
>
> "I post a lot and that means I'm important so the rest of you can
> just go to hell and figure out how to block me"
>
> Kind of childishly selfish for otherwise talented people.

I imagine that I am considered to be in that group.  I apologize if
people think that this is a problem.  I think it was Greg who pointed
out that this sort of thing happens occasionally.  IIRC, the last big
flamewar we had was close to a year ago.  Like this one, it meandered
all over the place.  After a few days, it slowed to a trickled and a few
days after that it was over.  If you notice, the traffic has slowed
consideerably after a 36-48 hour period of heavy posting.

> Oh the other hand, over the many years I've been on this list,
> I've always found input from Joey Hess to be very valuable and
> IMHO his leaving would be a considerable loss.
>
> Perhaps it's time for all of us to ask ourselves why Joey (and
> many others) feel that this list has become less useful over the
> last few years.

I think it is just a matter of perspective.  These OT threads are
happening now, and so have an immediacy in our minds.  After a few
weeks, they will fade from memory and things will appear as though they
have always been normal.

Regards,

-Roberto

--