Re: OT: sponge burning!

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 04:28:59PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
>>
>> How about the mode, and ban outside employment of elected officials?  I
>> guarantee minimum wage will return to being a minimum living wage again
>> like it started as and was intended to be.
>>
> Let me ask you this.  How do you feel about H1B visas?  Because if you
> support the government setting a minimum wage, then you support *more*
> H1B visas (for the moment, I am considering H1B visas as an issue
> orthogonal to immigration).  Both amount to the government *interfering*
> with the labor market.

You can be in favor of a higher minimum wage and still be against increasing
the number of H1B visas.  Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing H1B and it's
equivalents abroad eliminated.  Why should governments have much of any
concern about allowing employment of foreign nationals if unemployment of
it's own work-capable citizens is greater than zero?