Re: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 07:44:12PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>     'sides, it still cracks me up every time some environmentalist says the
> electric car is "clean".  Yeah, because, you know, the power grid won't need
> dozens of new plants to take over for the energy the cars are now not
> individually producing.  *eyeroll*

The hope is that large, well-engineered, monitored power plants can
produce energy in a cleaner way than small, internal-combustion engines.
Whether this is true is a matter of fact -- doesn anyone know the
relevant facts here?  (Not to mention the energy losses in the
transmission of energy from the power plant to the wheels, of course)

-- hendrik