Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  said:

> On 02/26/07 11:40, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  said:
> >> I need something that will detect when I plug in my camera, and
> >> import any photos, and that's what gthumb does.
> >
> > FWIW, Gthumb failed to find my Canon Powershot A520 but KDE's
> > digiKam saw it right away.
>
> Really?  Both use gphoto2.  Which branch do you run?

That particular box is running Ubuntu's upcoming "Feisty Fillet" or
whatever its name is.
It may have something to do with auto-mounting (udev?) as gthumb never
even saw the camera and digiKam picked it right up.  I may have to give
it another try. Sounds like time to shoot some pictures.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs