Re: passwd in chroot / You may not view or modify password information for USER

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 12:17:26AM -0500, Nelson Castillo wrote:
> On 2/26/07, root <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
> >On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 03:12:44AM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:
> (cut)
> >From my gut, it doesn't seem like SELinux is getting in the way. I'd see
> >if FC has option to turn off SELinux as a kernel option or at least to
> >turn off enforcing mode by using /selinux or chaning the policy.
>
> Hey,
>
> I did "mount -t selinuxfs none /selinux" inside of the chroot, and now
> it works. It's the first time this happens to me :)
>
> http://wiki.superservicios.gov.co:81/~n/strace-with-selinux.txt
>
> Thanks,
Cool. It seems since FC has 'enforcing mode' on, it expects any chroot
to SELinux too? So that you had 'unix' permission to create the chroot
and issue the passwd command but you needed the rest of the SELinux
infrastrure for SELinux to allow you to do it.
Hmm.

|   my keysever: subkeys.pgp.net |     my NPO: cfsg.org         |