Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:
> > Who gives a shit about politics, and what the hell has it it got to do with
> > the debian mailing list???
>     It's the Debian *USER* list, not the *DEBIAN* User list.  As has been
> discussed several times every time a long thread comes up the list is for the
> discussion of topics of interest to users of Debian.  Most times this means
> discussing Debian itself.  Sometimes, it doesn't.

  Steve,

    Are you suggesting that instead of creating a debian "off topic" mailing
list, we should create a debian-help list instead, specifically mandated on
the topic of getting and giving help with debian?

    debian-user's description is "Help and discussion among users of
Debian"... obviously these two topics need to be separated so that there's a
list where debian users can be *productive*.

    Thanks,
      Tyler