Re: Debian livecd

Joe Hart wrote:

José Pablo Fernández wrote:
On Friday 23 February 2007 16:36, Greg Folkert wrote:
Then chroot into the system image. Most if not all system maintenance
can be done right from the system itself. Of course there are some
issues you will need to understand but nothing preventing you from doing
what you need to do.
I need to do FS maintenance, mdadm and fsck, and I'd be booting with a CD only to have root not even mounted as read only, so this is not really an option.

You want to do maintenance, the best live distro (if you know how to use
text based tools) is grml.  It saved my butt a few times.

Knoppix is also a good live CD for doing maintenance in graphical mode.

Or like grml if you boot it 'knoppix 2'

Hugo