Re: Debian livecd

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 13:21 -0300, José Pablo Fernández wrote:
> Is there a Debian Live CD I could use to do maintenance? I know there are
> various Debian-based live cds, but I'd like one based in Sarge so I know the
> version of all the tools, like fsck, mdadm, etc match those used by the
> system itself.

Boot with nearly any LiveCD that has chroot support.

Mount the filesystems with root on a directory like "/sysimage" and then
do the rest from there.

Then chroot into the system image. Most if not all system maintenance
can be done right from the system itself. Of course there are some
issues you will need to understand but nothing preventing you from doing
what you need to do.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup