Re: autostart applications

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 17:43 +0100, Mirco Piccin wrote:
> Hi.
>
>         You have to ADD openoffice writer to the "auto-start" section.
>
>         add the gnome-terminal with the proper switches to open where
>         you want
>         it to "auto-start"
>

> I say that openoffice2 and shell  automatic start, and that i DON'T
> want it....
> Probably there was a misunderstanding :-)
>
> I would like to DISABLE the automatic start of openoffice and shell in
> 3rd desktop at every boot!

Okay, now you've finally explained your issue.

goto the session manager again, find the "ask on logout" or similar
check box. Enable it. Close the dialog.

Then CLOSE EVERYTHING you do not want to auto-open next time.

Do a proper logout from the menu. Enable the "save settings" or what
ever it is called. Logout...

Wait for X to restart proper, log back in. You should notice it should
be fixed.

Then goto the session manager again, uncheck "ask on logout" again.

All, is good.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup