Re: The success of an Etch

* Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> [2007 Feb 22 06:59 -0600]:
> Nate Bargmann wrote:
> >Last night I downloaded the latest daily snapshot of the Etch installer
> >for i386 from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ and chose
> >the net-install image.  Upon booting I pressed F1 for more options and
> >then one of the others (F3?) for boot options and found that
> >"installgui" would start the GUI installer.
> >

> But I find that booting with vga=791 and using 'install' makes for a
> clearer display than 'installgui'

That's the great thing about having options!

On the first machine with an analog VGA monitor, installgui gave me a
very clear screen.  On my T23 with screen expansion, it was blocky and
not as clear (which is due to the expansion, not installgui).  I didn't
bother to experiment, but these messages may give others the idea to
try different options.

On the T23 the task select chose Laptop by default and the suspend
action from GDM actually worked without any configuration intervention.
I'd call that pretty darn good support.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of