Re: any recomendedations of documentation for half a dozen services.

Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (20/02/07 01:09), Karl Goetz wrote:
>> hi all
>> i'm about to deploy a network which will be using debian servers on its
>> backend (etch, hopefully) and about a hundred gnu/linux desktops.

> I put up some notes with references for some of this stuff:
> http://clivemenzies.co.uk/help/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=8&id=33&Itemid=58

This url seems to be timing out for me.

> For cups checkout:
> http://excess.org/docs/linux_windows_printing.html
>
> Don't use nfs/avahi

dont use nfs because its got security problems? i'm not keen on avahi
myself, but i was asked to be familar with it.

> Apache works pretty much out of the box
>
> Other than that I tend to check out the README.Debian docs after
> installation

I'll pull these files out of the packages and have a look, thanks.

> Regards
>
> Clive

thanks for replying,
kk