Re: VMware Workstation Module Compilation (etch)

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 11:43 +0000, Stephen Chadfield wrote:
> Kenneth Jacker <khj@be.cs.appstate.edu> wrote:
> > Thanks for the letters from Liam and Greg!
> >
> >  greg> http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/vmware-any-any-update108.tar.gz
> >
> > Could you (or someone) please explain the step-by-step sequence to
> > apply the above patch to install VMware-workstation-5.5.1-19175 on
> > Debian/etch?
>
> Download the latest version of VMWare - IIRC you will not need the
> update you mention above.

It depends on many things, seems that VMware Workstation is still at
version 5.5.1 for the download and purchase... or perhaps are you
talking about the VMware 6 Beta?

In any case, VMware 6 (BETA) has some features... but, that is another
discussion.

I don't believe I'll get to buy the new version until I get a round of
new machines for myself. As long as 5.5.1 works, I'll be fine.

Oh, BTW, why not go and put the latest Windows on your machine... then
you won't have to go through all that missing drivers updates hassle.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup