Re: When you're a rank noob (was Re: Old Computer Parts)

> Then that's what you say at the beginning of your email. :)
>
> These two quotes are guaranteed to garner sympathy:
>   "I'm a noob and I don't know enough to know where to begin
>   to look."
>   "Internet access is flaky, slow and expensive."

Differs from list to list, I guess.  In the days when I was still learning
Red Hat, just being a noob meant you were flamed, regardless.  The
unwritten rule regarding noobs seemed to be:

Flame
Flame
Flame
Read his question
Flame
If he's still on the list, tell him to RTFM (even if he already has)
Flame some more

Hans