Re: Old Computer Parts

Hans du Plooy wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 22:02 +0100, Joe Hart wrote:

> No matter how easy or difficult the question you ask, there will always
> be some smartass who tell to you go RTFM (which is often a longer
> sentence to type than the answer to your question).  Don't let it bother
> you.  Eric S. Raymond's advice is good advice, but I know people can be
> intimidated and/or confused by some documentation out there.  Heck,
> after more than 10 years of using linux some projects' documentation
> still overwhelm me.  If you know absolutely nothing about a certain
> program or the technologies involved, it can be difficult to figure out
> where to start.

One great thing about linux is huge amount of documentation and another is
that it is developing and introducing new stuff almost every day but lot
of that documentation is more than 2 years old and tells you little about
current
distro. Sometimes user of that old documentation could be even misled.

--
Mirko Scurk