Re: why not try lilypond

On Friday 16 February 2007, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> I have not seen anyone in this thread suggest lilypond ?
>
> I cannot pretend to be an expert, but its results for me so far are
> really quite delightful.  Documentation is very good.  It does guitar
> TABS and all that sort of thing.

I have not tried it. However, it is the best. However, one must master its
markup language and hand edit everything. No WYSIWYG. There are some GUI
editors around but they simply highlight the markup for you.

There are several GUI notation programs around opensource. Or one could run
windows and lay out the bread for Sibelius.