Re: Configure error: C compiler cannot create executables

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:44:45PM -0500, Ken Heard wrote:
> Now that I am using Debian Etch, I want to install the latest dosemu
> version.  After downloading the tarball and unpacking it, I ran
> "./configure".  The result was the error message quoted in the subject
> line above.  (I have several versions of the gcc compiler installed from
> Debian Etch.)

This indicates that whentrying to compile a test program errors were
encountered.  To see which errors you'll have to look in the
config.log file that was produced.  If it makes no sense then could
you try putting it online somewhere and posting us a URL for it so
we can look?

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB