Re: Using courier-imap (was Re: Very disturbing feature in icedove)

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 09:50:10AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> If you're behind a firewall, all should be fine.
>
> The "rule" against putting X on servers is based on "don't put
> anything on a server that you don't need".  The reasoning is two-
> fold:
> 1. Security: more "stuff" means a bigger hackable surface area.
> 2. Resources: why waste RAM and CPU on a gooey, when the machine's
>    task is to process data?

I find it hilarious (in a sick twisted sort of way) that the default
RedHat install includes a complete GNOME/KDE desktop environment.  Now,
I know that you can take those off during the install part where you
pick your packages, but they are on by default.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez