Re: Using courier-imap (was Re: Very disturbing feature in icedove)

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 10:22:46AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Also, my mail data flow is:
> fetchmail -> postfix -> SpamAssassin -> maildrop -> Maildir.
>
> I fetchmail my wife's mail the same way.  Windows Tbird looks over
> the LAN to find it.  No sweat.

Ahh, across the LAN. :-) Networking :-(

from your mail data flow diagram: (plus your IMAP server is haggis)

fetchmail -> postfix -> SpamAssassin -> maildrop -> Maildir

All those programs run on haggis?

> Mine looks like:
> {
>     to "Maildir/.Lists.Debian.User.2007q1"
> }

So the .mailfilter is on haggis? mmm, ohh thats handled by postfix's
master.cf file?

> > To copy an existing $HOME/Mail/ structure
> > Can I just "cp Mail Maildir" then when I am happy just "rm -r Mail"
>
> No.  mbox & Maildir are *radically* different formats.  There are
> some mbox2md scripts floating around.

Changed to maildir ages ago. Never regretted it. Simple as changing the
procmail recipe delivery folder from "path/to/folder" to
"path/to/folder/"

I was thinking more of the directory structure compatibility.

> http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/RH90-Postfix-Courier-Maildrop-IMAP/
>
> Doing it with Debian is boatloads easier, so most of it is
> irrelevant, but it did (does) work for me.

Will check it out.
(also Must start looking at setting up a LAN.)

> > For mutt:
> > Mutt and IMAP (maintained by Brendan Cully)
> > http://mutt.sourceforge.net/imap/
>
> Not really.  Here are the relevant lines from ~/.muttrc :
>
> set imap_user=XXXX
> set spoolfile=imap://haggis/INBOX

Right. So postfix will need be informed.

> set folder=imap://haggis/INBOX.
> set move=no
> set copy=yes
> set record=imap://haggis/INBOX/Sent

So everything is under INBOX?
So a cp ~/.Mail/ ~/.Maildir/ won't work.

> set realname="XXXXXXXXXX"
> folder-hook .   my_hdr From: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is that for local LAN delivery.

Better start reading some basic docs, if there are any, before I get too
confused.

Thanks for your help.

--
Chris.