Install Debian testing distribution

Hey all,

I'm going install debian testing on my Dell Inpiron 1300. I'm going to
make it a dual boot system. Right now I have Windows XP home edtion
loaded on the laptop. And the 60 GB hard driver is not partitioned.
Can any of you help me on the following please?

1, How can I free some space for Debian installation? What are the
tools I need to use? Do I need to go into DOS consle to achieve this?
2, I have broad band internet connection. It is not easy for me to get
a full installation CD. Therefore, I decided to use netinstall CD. But
there's no Netinstall CD for testing package. The workaround I can
think of is using Netinstall for Stable to install the base system and
upgrade to Testing ditribution. Is this the right way?
3, What is the best way for me to find out which is the fastest mirror
for me to download the Testing distribute packages?
4, What if I want install FreeBSD as the third Operating system on my
laptop? What is the best partition plan?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Rocky