Re: Release of Stable Etch

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 07:52 -0800, Victor Muchica wrote:
> It will take its time, maybe march or april, DD are doing a great
> work, trying to fix all the bugs.
> Currently Im using testing on my Desktop PC.
>
> In the past some month ago I try to made an apt-get dist-upgrade, form
> sarge to etch, but too many error, so I decided to made a new
> instalation from the debian testing net install (120 +/- MB).
>
> Regards

After trying a Sarge to Etch update, I had to redo again, making sure I
upgraded to udev a 2.6.12 (or higher) kernel prior to doing an apt-get
dist-upgrade. It does fall over due to the changeover to udev and
troubles using a 2.6.8 kernel. Upon doing that, it worked a treat..

--
Regards,

Stef Daniels VK5HSX             (OpenPGP:0xFDE007F6)
Amateur Radio Station
Adelaide, South Australia
E-mail: vk5hsx@wia.org.au
Member Wireless Inst. of Aust.  (www.wia.org.au)