Re: Release of Stable Etch

On (13/02/07 07:52), Victor Muchica wrote:
> It will take its time, maybe march or april, DD are doing a great
> work, trying to fix all the bugs.
> Currently Im using testing on my Desktop PC.
>
> In the past some month ago I try to made an apt-get dist-upgrade, form
> sarge to etch, but too many error, so I decided to made a new
> instalation from the debian testing net install (120 +/- MB).

I upgraded a sarge server running samba, dovecot, postgres, mysql etc.
and apart from some issues relating to a specific version of php5 I
needed to run SugarCRM, all went pretty smoothly.  It's an internal
server and so there are no great security issues.  On balance, I'd say
it's pretty close but I gather there are some issues relating to the
2.6.18 kernel.  The d-i release team are keen to release RC2 but it's
waiting on the final kernel.

Regards

Clive

--