Re: removing sound-juicer

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:51:52 -0800
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 11:36:08PM +0100, Mathias Brodala wrote:
[snip]
> > Sound Juicer is one of those dependencies and so the gnome-desktop-environment
> > package can obviously not being kept if you want to remove it.
>
> but watch out. It may try to pull out your whole gui. If you installed
> gnome-desktop-environment using aptitude then all its dependencies are
> marked as "automatic" and may get yanked as well. Go in an mark the
> first level down from gnome-desktop-env. as manually installed...

<chicken>I haven't tried anything yet.</chicken> I'm using apt-get as I've never really got along with aptitude. Installation was done with a netinstall CD and just desktop environment chosen. Not that bothered about keeping or removing sound-juicer but would just like to keep things tidy.

Regards
--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/