Re: sound problem

thanks Jonathan, but have altready done that. And tried both as root and
user, doesn't work. Also i have added 'user' to group 'audio'. I suspect
it is something very trivial, but i am clueless as to what else needs to
be done. I cannot get sound on vlc or xmms either though i can play the
video.

thanks and regards,
Arvind