Re: Using graphical environment

Michael Pobega wrote:
> Sarge is a bit old for most hardware today, so depending upon your
> errors it may just be the simple fact that Sarge doesn't support your
> hardware. I'd give Etch a try before anything else
<snip>
> You can download a copy of the Etch NetInstall

Gulp!! Reinstall?!! No need.

Just edit your /etc/apt/sources.list file, and change all the "stable"'s
to "etch"'s (assuming you did a netinstall the first-time 'round, and
not all from CD - otherwise you'll have to change more), then "apt-get
update" followed by "apt-get dist-upgrade".

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>