Re: Very disturbing feature in icedove

Dave Ewart wrote:
> On Sunday, 11.02.2007 at 18:47 +0100, Fabian (Lists) wrote:
>
>> There is an extension [1] for thunderbird/icedove which provides a
>> toolbar button to purge the pseudo-deleted messages. Funny that one
>> needs to install a third-party extension for such a basic function...
>
> Except that you *don't* need it.

True. The extension only adds a *button*. Alternatively you could
right-click the folder and choose 'Compact this folder'. Sorry for not
being clear on that one.

> Set the account settings as I described in another post to this thread.
> To clarify, either:
>
> 1. Set "When I delete a message" to be "Move it to Deleted", and also
> set "Empty Deleted folder on Exit;

[snip]

This is true for an IMAP folder. But that's not what this thread is
about. For IMAP you can also enable 'Expunge on exit'. The OP was
complaining about the fact that Icedove didn't purge deleted items from
the local storage.

Fabian