Re: Very disturbing feature in icedove

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 02:30:33PM +0000, Virgo Pärna wrote:
>     To make Thunderbird/Icedove to really delete those messages you can use
> File, Compact Folders and you can specify configuration option "Compact
> folders when it will save over XXX kB" (you can also specify specific amount
> of disk space).

Oh, I see.  "Compact" means "really delete the messages that I said to
delete, but are actually just marked as deleted, not physically deleted".
How incredibly obvious.

I think I'll side with the people who think this obscure use of the word
"compact" is a bug in IceDove (and just continue using mutt).

--
Windows Vista must be the first OS in history to have error codes for things
like "display quality too high"