Re: Laptop Recommendations?

Tim Wescott wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations on a distro to use? I've got Etch on this machine, and I'm mostly happy with it. At this point I'd like to stick with something that has similar administration issues, but if there's a distro that's clearly better for laptops I'll go with that.

Does anyone have any recent experience, either good or bad, with any specific laptops? Should push come to shove I may just put the Fry's website up against the listings in linux-laptop.org and find a good match, but I'm enough of a newbie that I'd like to buy from someone who's put some effort into the selection, first.

I'm using Etch on sony vaio: http://www.lorenzobettini.it/linux/LinuxSonyVaioVGN-S5VP_B

hope this helps

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)