Re: vim filetype detection (was Re: Vim colour syntax)

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 03:27:02AM -0500, Manu Hack wrote:
> >I noticed that vim-latexsuite no longer worked with vim 7.x whereas it
> >was working with vim 6.x. Filed a bug against vim-latexsuite but no
> >reply.
>
> yes, I reported the F5 problem and maybe they are working on it.

Interesting.
If I start a new blank file, e.g. vim test.tex, the .tex is not
recognised, i.e. ":TT<tab> does not show the document class templates.

BUT if put, e.g. \documentclass[a4paper]{article}, as a first line then
subsequent openings of the file work fine. Also pressing <F5>, brings up a
list of tex packages to choose from.

Looks like your bug has been fixed.

Should reassign my bug to vim, once I figure out how. :-)

--
Chris.
======