Re: iptables usage

On 2/6/07, Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been trying to get iptables working so that I can finally have a
worthwhile client-side non-graphical firewall. So to test it out, I
typed these two commands:

/# iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -A INPUT -j REJECT

/And for some reason I completely lost my connection to port 80, even
though that command says "Allow all TCP connections to port 80, but
reject all others".

Does anyone have any idea why this wouldn't be working? I've also tried
specifying -d (Destination) as localhost, 127.0.0.1, and 192.168.1.5 (My
current local IP), but none of them work like I'd wish.

Any clue what I'm doing wrong with iptables that is basically making it
ignore all of my initial specificiations?
Try this, is really easy to configure.

http://linux.go2linux.org/?q=node/3

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."