Re: Grrr!

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 09:41:35AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> No.  It's *all* text.  SMTP *only* handles text.
>
> The function of base64 (which MIME uses), uuencode and yenc is to
> convert binary data into text.

I know it's all text.  What I was trying to say (perhaps not clearly
enough) is that perhaps the mail server has problems with attachments?
At some workplaces the admins go completely crazy and do things like
block out all attachments sometimes.

That is why I made the distinction between inline GPG signatures and
those attached as MIME encoded.

Regards,

-Roberto

--