Re: Trouble with encrypted filesystems

Florian Kulzer wrote:

> With your kernel version and udev, hal, dbus + pmount it should be
> possible to just plug in the drive, wait a few seconds until udev
> creates the device node and mount it normally with pmount (it will ask
> for the passphrase). This requires that you use LUKS and device mapper,
> which is, I think, the recommended way nowadays, especially since it is
> fully integrated into cryptsetup (starting with Etch).

Thanks for your answer. Some googling revealed that this is known
trouble caused (or co-caused) by kjournald, and renicing kjournald from
-5 to 0 "solves" the problem. Don't ask me why.

I'm using the cryptmount package to access the disk. Is there something
inherently better with pmount, LUKS, and cryptsetup?

Thanks,
D.