Re: How to switch to text mode (correction)

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:55:46PM +0100, Marcus Blumhagen wrote:
> Although this way is quite fast, one would have to do it again
> everytime an upgrade of [gkwx]dm happens, since there will be no
> symlinks in /etc/rc*.d. But if there were K<NN>[gkwx]dm links in
> the appropriate /etc/rc*.d invoke-rc.d would do nothing.

Actually I meant update-rc.d (not invoke-rc.d) which might be
called in postinst scripts. Also "man update-rc.d" says:

	"[...]
	Please note that this program was designed for use in package
	maintainer scripts and, accordingly, has only the very limited
	functionality required by such scripts.  System administrators
	are not encouraged to use update-rc.d to manage runlevels.
	They should edit the links directly or use runlevel editors
	such as sysv-rc-conf and bum instead.
	[...]"

Regards
Marcus