Re: samba-common = 3.0.23d-4 but 3.0.24-2 is installed

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 00:44:21 +0200, Justin Hartman wrote:
> On 2/7/07, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> >Just to be sure: Comment out the rest of the script, i.e. add a "#"
> >character at the beginning of every remaining line.
>
> Done but still get same error when apt-get -f install

It seems like the invoke-rc.d command is called already before the prerm
script. Maybe the fact that the prerm script fails is just a consequence
of a prior invoke.rc-d error. I am not sure what to make of this.

> >If you still get the complaint from invoke.rc-d then we have to look in
> >more detail at this symlink that it is complaining about. What do you
> >get from "file /etc/rc2.d/K09samba"?
>
> debian:/home/justin# file /etc/rc2.d/K09samba
> /etc/rc2.d/K09samba: broken symbolic link to `/samba'

I think the link should be like this:

/etc/rc2.d/K09samba: symbolic link to `../init.d/samba'

(I don't have samba installed here, though.)

I would try to correct this link:

cd /etc/rc2.d/
ln -sf ../init.d/samba K09samba

If that does not change the link, try to remove it before creating it
again:

cd /etc/rc2.d/
rm K09samba
ln -s ../init.d/samba K09samba

Obviously this symlink has to be fixed in some way to make dpkg happy.

--
Regards,
          Florian