Re: Sound on Sarge r4 - Realtek ALC888 chip

john gennard wrote:
I've just made a new install of Sarge's latest release and
its updates.

I'm very weak with sound. The M/Board has onboard sound
(a Realtek ALC888 chip) and I was hoping to use Alsa for
the first time. There's virtually nothing on the 'net about
this chip and literally nothing that helps me.

Does anyone know the driver/s required?

I've installed Kubuntu alongside Sarge and it (Kubuntu)
automatically provides working sound on install. However,
I can't see how it achieves this.

The Motherboard incidentally is an Asrock 775Dual-VSTA.

John.

alsa sees my alc658D from via without problem. Did you try 'alsaconf'?