Re: off to try my hand at "hurd"ing

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:26:33AM -0500, Dave Witbrodt wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >here i go, installing the hurd. I'll report back.
> >
> >If you don't hear from me by the spring, I'm either dead or found
> >paradise. Either way send whiskey and reinforcements.
>
>   What hardware are you installing on?  (Just curious.)

Its going in a spare partition on my main debian desktop. I'm not
there right now, but its an asrock mobo with a athlon xp mumblemuble.

installing with crosshurd is ridiculously easy. First boot went fine,
boots up absurdly fast but there are only a couple servers running on
that first boot, so maybe it stretches out later. I haven't done my
second reboot yet into multiuser mode.... soon though.