Re: off to try my hand at "hurd"ing

* Dave Witbrodt <dawitbro@sbcglobal.net> [2007 Feb 05 23:31 -0600]:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >here i go, installing the hurd. I'll report back.
> >
> >If you don't hear from me by the spring, I'm either dead or found
> >paradise. Either way send whiskey and reinforcements.
>
>   What hardware are you installing on?  (Just curious.)

I installed in on my T23, believe it or not.  Of course, the only
hardware so far is the VGA text display, IDE hard drive, and ethernet
adaptor.  I haven't been back into it for some time, though.

It's still unpolished in some areas (long arcane commands need to be
entered each system start).  Otherwise I can't compare it to Linux as I
haven't done much other than update it and tinker just a bit.  It sort
of reminds me of when Linux was not so polished.  Now, the Debian part
of the Hurd is what I would expect, rather solid.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"