Re: Removing desktop environments

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 11:04:45PM -0500, cga2000 wrote:

> Is there any way I can have debian help me figure out if there is stuff
> that should be removed such as libraries that nothing uses -- naturally
> I did not remove a single library myself.

Wow.  I've read all the gawking you've tried.  Wouldn't it be easier to
get the aptitude manual and learn how to use the interactive aptitude?
Once you have gone down the list of installed packages and told it which
ones _you_ want and told it to manage everything else, you'll never have
to worry about it again.

As far as /usr/share/doc if you are _really_ short on disk space, you
could burn it to a CD, then remove the _contents_ of each directory (or at
least the large files that concern you).  Then upgrades will still put
the stuff there and you can burn a supplement CD periodically.

Doug.