Re: font problems

I am trying to install ProggyClean pcf font from
http://www.proggyfonts.com/index.php?menu=download. I've read a couple
of tutorials on how to do this, but still the font does not show up in
the font selection dialog of GVIM.
xlsfonts shows that the font is installed. I can even choose it
with xfontsel utility. However, the it is not shown in font selector
inside GVIM (or other text editors such as gedit or kedit).

Is the font seen by fontconfig at all? Check the output of the 'fc-list'
command. If the font appears there then it should be available to
other applications such as gedit. This should at least help you to
narrow down where the problem is.

Hi,
Thank you for helping me out. fontconfig does not notice this font.
Here's some output:

$ ls ~/.fonts
fonts.dir  ProggyClean.pcf.gz
$ fc-cache -vf ~./fonts
/home/mike./fonts: skipping, no such directory
/var/cache/fontconfig: not cleaning unwritable cache directory
/home/mike/.fontconfig: cleaning cache directory
fc-cache: succeeded
$ fc-list | grep -i proggy

Font selector inside GVIM doesn't see it either.
I don't know where I can go from here to diagnose this problem.
Thank you for any suggestions.

-Mike