Re: debian/unstable+KDE: screensaver/lock session not working SOLVED

Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> schrieb am 05.02.2007
17:01:39:

> > So what global config shall I check next?
>
> If you try to run the following command
>
> /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock --forcelock

Ahh.. I had installed these packages:

ii  kdebluetooth                           0.99+1.0beta2-3        KDE
Bluetooth Framework
ii  kdesktop                               3.5.5a.dfsg.1-5  miscellaneous
binaries and files for the KDE desktop

dpkg -L kdesktop showed:

/usr/bin/kdesktop_lock
diverted by kdebluetooth to: /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock_nobt

So there wasn't a /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.
After removing kdebluetooth the lock session button works again.

Interesstingly on a system with a fresh debian/unstable install
with the same version of the kdesktop and kdebluethooh package
this file isn't diverted.

After purging and installing kdebluetooth again
there is no more diversion.

So it must have been a upgrade issue in some version of kdebluetooth.

Thanks for your hints,
Bruno