Re: No space in new mail message on login

Andrew Critchlow wrote:
> I have a question which I have searched the internet and cannot find
> anything about this issue:
> When a user logs into the debian box they get "You Have newmail"
> For some reason there isn't a space in between 'new' and 'mail'.
>
> Anyone know how to correct this?
>

> Thanks

1. Please use a meaningful subject line. Thanks.

2. Does this happen when logging in at a console (text-only screen), or
via a GUI-fied login screen. If the GUI screen, is it xdm, gdm, kdm, or
wdm (or other)?

3. Does it happen for all users, or just one user? (You may need to
create a new user to test with.)

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>