Re: best terminal emulator for emacs -nw?

> Gnu_Raiz <Gnu-Raiz@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>>From: Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> Wrote one day while
>>>in band camp:  I'm trying to get emacs setup for mutt and slrn.  Is
>>>this unavoidable, or is there a terminal emulator that allows for
>>>the use of meta keys?
>
>> I assume you know about gnus right? Some would say that using slrn, and
>> mutt with emacs is heresy!

Yes, I imagine I'll end up there eventually. But mutt worked with
relatively minimal work, and slrn was perfect from the first time I
ran it. Gnus still feels kind of weird, although it will inevitably be
what I end up using since I spend most of my time in Emacs.

I have added the command to my (newly-created) .Xresources file
suggested by Michael:

xterm*metaSendsEscape: true

and I've now got a working alt-key, so the immediate problem is
solved. I'll look into the advanced features of Xterm that you folks
have kindly pointed me towards:

--
Regards,

Tyler Smit