Re: Friendly registrar

Celejar wrote:
On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:18:24 -0600
Default User <xyzzyx@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Brian Keefer wrote:

On Jan 19, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:

We chose Gandi for controversial web sites (like ffii.org) because
they tend not to shut down the delegation whenever they receive a
preliminary injunction.

For any kind of Open Source movement, this might become crucial
in the future...

                Tonnerre
In light of what happened Wednesday, does anyone else have any additional suggestions for non-US registrars that won't yank your delegation just because a major corporation told them to (it seems GoDaddy would rather dump their customers than anger a major corporation)?

--
bk

I've been out of the loop for a few days. . .  what happened Wednesday?

I would guess he's referring to GoDaddy's shutting down Seclists.org [0].

Celejar

[0] http://seclists.org/nmap-hackers/2007/0000.html

Wow, it's really psychotic what the world is coming to today. First Microsoft's deal with Novell, then Vista, and now this. I'm scared for the future really, I wonder what the world will be like for my kids; I don't think it would be any better unless someone with the mind of Stallman makes a stand.