Re: Friendly registrar
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Friendly registrar
- From: Default User <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:18:24 -0600
- Message-id: <[🔎] 45C4A7C0.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <5C942B33-E7AE-49CB-8015-F344B51702B4@smtps.net>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20070119185823.GA2359@penrose.bsdprojects.net> <5C942B33-E7AE-49CB-8015-F344B51702B4@smtps.net>
Brian Keefer wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
>> We chose Gandi for controversial web sites (like ffii.org) because
>> they tend not to shut down the delegation whenever they receive a
>> preliminary injunction.
>> For any kind of Open Source movement, this might become crucial
>> in the future...
> In light of what happened Wednesday, does anyone else have any
> additional suggestions for non-US registrars that won't yank your
> delegation just because a major corporation told them to (it seems
> GoDaddy would rather dump their customers than anger a major
I've been out of the loop for a few days. . . what happened Wednesday?