Re: Which TeX distribution to use?

* Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> [070203 21:56]:

> I am wondering which Debian TeX packages to use, TeXLive or teTeX. I
> have been using teTeX, and it has been all right. However, some parts
> seem to be outdated, such as ConTeXt (which I use)...

Thomas Esser, the man who put together the TeTeX package ("Te" =
Thomas Esser) has decided to pass on the baton, and no longer is
maintaining TeTeX.  Esser has endorsed TeXLive.  You can search with
Google for his announcement.

All TeTeX users are indebted to Esser for his faithful work over the
years, apart from which the average Linux user hardly would be able to
get all the packages which comprise TeX and LaTeX running properly
together as a system.

RLH