Re: Which TeX distribution to use?

On Saturday 03 February 2007 19:48, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> So, do you think it would be all right to switch to the "context"
> package available with TeXLive in Debian, and is the LaTeX support
> etc. also identical to that with teTeX?

Hi Kumar,

Debian has new ConTeXt packages separate from TeXLive and generally more
up to date.  You can find them at http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/context

My current favorite is the 2007.01.12.2-1 but there are newer versions too.
You'll also need some packages from teTeX or TeXLive for generic tex functions
and fonts.  I recommend TeXLive as teTeX is on the way out.

--Mike Bird